Share your stories as an international student – Apply to become a guest editor for Study in Stockholm!
Are you an international student in Stockholm? Do you love telling stories through photo, video or text? Then you should apply to become one of our guest editors.
We are looking for students with a creative mindset, a sense of humor, and a talent for writing who will also focus on Instagramming and creating videos. As a guest editor, you will get the chance to inspire others to come to study in Stockholm by sharing your story and experience through our digital channels!
We will meet regularly throughout the year to share experiences and ideas between all guest editors and the team behind Study in Stockholm.
- You love telling stories. This can be through photo, video or text. The important thing is that you have a passion for communication and people.
- You are comfortable writing in English. Perfect language skills aren’t essential, though. We’re looking for students from different international backgrounds.
- You are an international student at a university in Stockholm.
About the position
Guest editors are divided into three teams, allowing you to focus your time and effort into the channel you are most passionate about. Depending on what team you are part of, you will be focusing mainly on writing, Instagramming or creating videos for YouTube. You are expected to spend a minimum of 10 hours per month in your role as a digital ambassador and to attend meetups four to five times during the academic year. In addition, all digital ambassadors are expected to occasionally take part in interviews, pictures and usability testing for our website. This is an unpaid position.
The writing team
– As part of our writing team you will focus on writing articles, interviews and blog posts for StudyinStockholm.se, producing around three articles every month.
The Instagram team
– As part of our Instagram team you will share the responsibility of running our Instagram account including photos, stories and Instagram live.
The YouTube team
– As part of our YouTube team you will produce short videos about student life in Sweden for our YouTube account. You should be comfortable with all stages of the video creating process.
Who can apply?
International students from all universities in Stockholm are welcome to apply.
How to apply?
To apply, please send the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. All documents should be in English. Ongoing recruitment.
Email text – State your name, age, the university you are studying at, the program you are studying and number of years of the program. State which team(s) you’d like to apply for in the subject line of your email. You can apply for more than one team.
CV – Including links to any relevant social media profiles that you maintain (blog, Instagram, YouTube etc.). Make sure to make your account public if you have a private account.
A short self-presentation – Text of maximum 200 words or video of maximum 2 minutes.
A text of maximum 400 words answering the questions:
Why did you choose to study in Stockholm?
Why do you want to become a guest editor?
Writing team – additional document:
An article, interview or blog post of maximum 400 words that you think should be on StudyinStockholm.se.
Instagram team – additional document:
A text of maximum 400 words listing two Instagram accounts that inspire you and why, and a description of what you would like to highlight during a week being in charge of the @studyinstockholm account.
Video team – additional document:
A link or attachment to a short video of maximum three minutes that you have made, showing your ability to create and produce video content.